Saturday, July 15, 2023

Lots of Texture with Stampin' Anniething Image

 Well, lookie here!  I finally got time to create in the Craft Lounge!

If you know me, then you know that I 💓to create my own background paper!  My project started with Gray Granite cardstock from Stampin' Up!  It was just laying there on my desk waiting to be used.  

I also had a bag full of purchases from a recent craft event that were begging to be in a project.  I teamed it up with Granny Apple Green ink and the Lifesaver Stencil from Say It With Stamps to create the initial background layer.  Then, my eyes traveled over to a large flower background stamp, also by Say It With Stamps.  I said, "Hey why not?"  Using clear embossing ink, I embossed the big background stamp using Sparkle Embossing Powder from Recollections.  This created a tone-on-tone effect on the paper with a bit of glam.

I've been also attempting to bash my stash to use what I have on hand.  I decided to pull out my Stampin' Up Water Color pencils to color some of the flowers on the card and then embossed the paper with Stampin' Up's Textured Tile folder.  (Apparently, I love this folder because I have two of them!)

I decided that the background of the card was done and I needed to work on the other layers of the card.  I used a stitched circle shape to create an anchor for the focal point image.  Next, the Stampin' Up Leaf Punch came out of retirement to create some embellishments under the focal point.  I also incorporated some Stampin' Up Silver Thread under the Stampin' Anniething image.  

I colored the image using my Stampin' Blend markers and Crayola Skin Tone Pencils.  I cut her out using my Scan-n-Cut machine.  Originally, this cute girl was perched on a pumpkin and with a bit of magic, she is now perched upon Stampin' Up's Dual Heart punch.  A cute little heart gem adorns her shirt.

Lastly, the "hello" sentiment is an additional die cut layer from a Temu die.  



What do you think of my girl?

1 comment: