Sunday, May 30, 2021

FOR THE LOVE OF HIM: Masculine Blog Hop

 



A group of wonderfully creative friends decided to team up and honor the men in our life.  All of us in the blog hop are Stampin' Up Demonstrators who are united by our love of all things crafty!  In this Masculine Themed Blog Hop you will see their amazing creativity.  If you have arrived from Michelle's wonderful blog project, you are in the right place!  

On this Memorial Day Weekend, my project harkens back to the days when I would go boating with my Father.  
From his early days, Dad was known to love the water.
This love brought him to join the Marines.  
On his 88th birthday, he was honored with a Congressional Gold Medal as a Montford Point Marine - one of the first Black Marines in the United States.  

Into his retirement years, Dad would often take us camping at our lake house and we had a boat there. Even after suffering a spinal cord injury, Dad enjoyed the return visits to the lake.



My main project harkens back to those days we spent out on the water boating together. Visiting various lighthouses was a treat for us!
I chose a CAS (clean and simple) format for this card.  

My project features traditional nautical colors which to me translate to Night of Navy and Crumb Cake.  I love the detailed simplicity of the Sailing Home Stamp Set featuring the light house and sail boat. The Painted Texture embossing folder mimics the temptest of the sea.

Up Next,  you will travel to Sharon’s wonderful project. I appreciate you stopping to check out my project.  Please be sure to leave some blog love!

 
Sharon Jacobs - Stamped Inkspired Designs Next stop on the blog hop!


And, if you don't already have a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I'd love to be yours!  There are links below to the products that I have used.
                                                    

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Thank your father for his service. Clean and simple cards are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful story of your Dad's service to our country! Happy to hear he received the honor he deserved! Your card is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Beverly! I had the best Daddy always. He had an amazing journey. He was very humble and rarely discussed it. The whole pomp and circumstance was overwhelming for him. He refused to go to the Pentagon when invited so they said "we'll bring the Pentagon to you."

      Delete
  3. Awesome story. Thank your father for his service. Beautiful card

    ReplyDelete
  4. As another daughter of former Marine whose father took her on or to the water frequently, your inspiration touches my heart. I think I need to pull out this stamp set this weekend

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marine kids...we were raised by the best! I can't wait to see what you come up with !

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your dad's story. He is a Great American. Love your card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendie! Your comments touch my heart, truly.

      Delete
  6. Lov your Dad's story and the tribute card. Memories are great to hold on to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jackie, thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love this post. Spending time at the water is one of my favorite things to do it is so peaceful. I love how simple and beautiful your card is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your heartwarming comments! They are truly appreciated!

      Delete
  8. I love your card. I thank your father for his service. What a wonderful card to commemorate him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Amy, thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete