Sunday, August 29, 2021

Journey to Silver Elite - Holiday Mini Feature Project

 





Hey Everyone!

Imagine me standing here with a big grin on my face and waving to you!  
I am so happy and honored that you have chosen our little blog hop to visit as it is our last time hopping together!  I may be telling my age when I say “Hello this is Julie, and I am your cruise director”.  (Throwback to the show called Love Boat).  LOL

The focus of this blog hop is to feature products from the new 2021 Holiday Mini Catalog!  The ladies all did a fantastic job on their projects.  So if you have arrived from Kelly’s blog, then you are in the right place and please continue onto Tracy’s blog for more great fun.  This is one talented group, I tell you!

I am not going to keep you here long - let me tell you about my project.  
I am excited to feature the Welcoming Woods stamp set.  I’ve  been waiting to use this yet for the longest.  I think it is just so pretty!  My project is an easel card to showcase the front panel.  The embellishment for the front of the card was created from the absolutely wonderful Gorgeous Leaves Bundle.  The Gold 3/8” Shimmer Ribbon was released in the Holiday Mini as well and I used it to help anchor the sentiment.  Be Dazzling Specialty Paper is a free Sale-A-Bration item which provides the background for the leaf on my panel to serve as the door-stop for the easel base.

I’ve been on an absolute roll creating my own DSP.   I teamed it up with our blender brushes to create a background effect of the sun setting.  My friend, Charmaine, introduced me to this technique and I’m so glad that she did!  I fell in love!  The colors I used for the sunset are Flirty Flamingo, Pumpkin Pie, Gorgeous Grape, Soft Sky, and Daffodil Delight.  The focal point of the trees is in Early Espresso.  








Creating this project was so enjoyable!  I hope you found it to be the same and I encourage you to try out the ink blending technique if you haven’t already done so.  You’ll be hooked like I was!  An easel card is just another fun fold card using a standard A2 card base that helps display a great panel. My card base is using Soft Sky Card Stock that is retired but was perfect for this project.  The In Good Taste Designer Series Paper provides the perfect background for my panel.

It is an honor to have you visit my blog and I hope you continue the blog hop journey by visiting Tracy’s blog.


Blog Hop Creator

Their Fabulous Blog Entry

Eva Dietz

Eva's Blog

Amanda Howard

Amanda's Blog

Kelly Taranto

Kelly's Blog

Nedine DuPree

Nedine's Blog  💜

Tracy Byers

Tracy's Blog

Nancy Reynolds

Nancy's Blog

Sue Kremer

Sue's Blog

Julia Quinn

Julia's Blog

Tricia Butts

Tricia's Blog

Xenia Stanford

Xenia's Blog

Terry Montgomery

Terry's Blog

Janice Piechowiak

Janice's Blog


If you do not already have a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, I would be honored to have you as a valued customer.  This is an excellent time to go shopping or even think to become a Demonstrator yourself.  I will never ask you to sell any products, hold any classes or log anywhere (unless you want to)! I just figure you are like me and like an excellent deal!  We are in the middle of Sale-A- Bration currently where you spend increments of $50 and receive free items, like the Be Dazzling Specialty paper featured in my project.  Or, for even a better deal, you can join my Craft Lounge Creators team as a Demonstrator and walk away with a free stamp bundle.   Yes!  I said a B.U.N.D.L.E. that would be included in our customized starter kit.  All for the price of $99.  Who wouldn't love to double their investment basically instantly!  
I individually listed the projects below, but also created a super easy shopping list if you're interested in the project materials!  

Products I Used

Stamp Sets / Bundles


Inks / Tools


Papers / DSP


11 comments:

  1. I am starting to get in the mood for fall and this card fit right in. I love easel cards and they definitely show off the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the background technique. Works very well with this stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love that you added Grape to your color palette - very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nedine, I love the sunset! Thanks for letting us know what colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Nedine. I love the sunset colors you used and the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nedine, Lovely card. I must try making my own DSP more often, it is so fun and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you - Welcoming Woods is a brilliant stamp set and I really love it too. Your background blending is gorgeous! It shows off the gorgeous trees to perfection. Love love love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you did with the background. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours in the sky for this card, it is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful sky in the background. Definitely an unusual card with beautiful colors. Great job on making your own DSP and showing off the trees.

    ReplyDelete