Sunday, November 20, 2011

SOC: Altered Composition Books

You know I can't let a good swap go by!  And I'm here to tell you that on SOC, there is always a good swap goin' on!  This swap featured altered composition books.  I had to create three composition books as close to being alike as possible.  Easy, right?  


In addition to these instructions, I challenged myself to use layers and detail my details.  Why?  The work the SOC folks pull together is truly amazingly beautiful and abound in details.  I am trying to be like them when I grow up. Truly, I am!  :)


So, here's a peek at my altered composition books.  I used a paper pack from the Recollections line that caught my eye.  I liked the big, graphic turquoise flowers on the white background.  The complementing papers in the pack were also great and lent themselves to helping create this great project.  I had alot of fun trying to pull this together.  


The flowers on the front are Color Me Flowers (I believe).  I glimmer misted them pink and gray and added pearl centers as well as diamond dust to the gray flowers.  The center is embossed with the Cuttlebug spots folder as well as a Butterly folder by Darice.  I pop dotted the layers to give it some dimension and put photo corners on the edges.  I broke out my Prismacolor pencils once again (see prior post) and colored some of the embossed images just to give it a little more detail.  The top layer of the embossed edges are bordered by a shimmery ribbon gifted to me from Princess Jones (thanks Princess!)  Then the flowers were layered on top.  


The books were required to be decorated on the inside and outside covers as well.  For each of the books, I tried to incorporate pockets on the side flaps.  A few examples of the pockets are below:



I hope my swap partners enjoy their new composition books even half as much as I enjoyed making them.  This swap challenge was so much fun!


Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

Post a Comment