Saturday, September 25, 2021

Fancy Fold Swap Card Fun!

 Hey there!!  

How are you?  I’m so glad that you stopped by my little blog for my latest project.  I had so much fun creating this card for the Creative Convention swap event.

My friend, Penny, originally taught me this card layout over Zoom.  I don’t really know the official name of this fold, so I call it the “Penny fold” to honor her.  She’s one of THE NICEST persons that I ever met!




I love this card as that it flaps open for multiple surprises!  It definitely has some surprises incorporated into it.  The double folds gives it a nice dimension and weight.  I did not mail my cards, but I’m guessing that extra postage would be needed.





My project incorporates Heart Warming Hugs DSP that nicely embraces all of the traditional Christmas colors oh-so-nicely on top of the Soft Suede base. 

To create the double folds, you would start by cutting your cardstock using the following dimensions:

5.5 x 7 inches, score at 4.25 inches

5.5 x 4 inches, score at 1.25 inches

Using your liquid glue, adhere the two sides together.

My DSP strips are measured at  1 inch by 5.25, 2.5 inches by 5.25 and 1 inches by 5.25,  Then there is a hidden panel where I placed Basic White cardstock and this piece measures 2.5 inches by 5.5 inches.

On each flap, I incorporated three die cuts from the Stitched So Sweetly bundle on each flap (yes, that's 6 die cuts per card!! Crazy, right?)  and included a sentiment on the smallest layer.

Voila!  You are done!  I sure hope my swap partners enjoy this card.  I hope you will join my FB page group page, Craft Lounge Creations and share your project if you try to give my “Penny” Fun FOld card a try!

All the best!

Nedine




4 comments: