Sunday, December 30, 2012

It's December...looking back, moving forward

Hello Friends, I am writing you today on my Mother's birthday. It's an extra special day as that earlier this month, Mom experienced a health-related scare which was very serious. I tend to then it's during times like these that we really stop and pause to reflect upon what's really important in life. Over on the SOC boards, an online sista asked what would be our keyword for 2013? My word is "Cherish". I want to learn to cherish the moment better and more often. I want to not let things stand in my way by allowing them to be excuses. For instance, I was in two car accidents in 2012 - neither of which were my fault but both, in some ways knocked me off my game. One in particular caused me injuries that were both short- and long-term. Dealing with the insurance companies are a whole other story, talk about being victimized all over again. Anywho, I had to tell myself that although I'm limited, I can still do some things. So, in the eve of having a milestone birthday, I started to work on my own renovation. It's a spiritual emotional, physical and spiritual renovation. The outward transformations include the Big Chop in October and a lifestyle plan to improve my overall health as well lose weight. During this journey, I know I am not where I was and I have yet to get to where I need to be, but the good news, is that I'm on my way! My goal through it all is to share my blessings, to be a blessing and to cherish the blessings that are mine today and be thankful for what is yet to come! Thank you for being here and being a part of this journey!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like many of us are planning to recreate ourselves in 2013. Me among them. I wish you much success on your journey.

    ReplyDelete