Saturday, July 23, 2011

Tag Swap

 Most of my swaps are on the SOC boards - there are so ultra talented folks there.  We had a theme tag swap.  I am not much of a stamper in comparision to the folks on the board, but I decided to challenge myself.  In the long run, I'm pretty pleased with how the birthday tags turned out.  It was the first time I used my Spellbinders dies - the scalloped rectangle was created using the Spellbinders.  I stamped the balloons, cake and numbers on the rectangle with different colored inks.  I inked the edges of the scalloped rectangle with a light blue ink.  I used Stickles to add bling to the candles and to the cake.  I used fibers from my stash to add some additional color.  The little birthday hats or stars were the final touches to make the tags look more festive.  I hope my swap partners like it!




The Christmas Tags were created using my Cricut Expression and my Gypsy.  I used the Tags, Bags Boxes and More cartridge along with one of the Christmas cartridges.  The tree is the negative cut trimmed in Cricut markers and overlayed with Stickles. I wasn't sure if I liked outlining the tree with the green Stickles so I just added the red "balls" instead to the other tags.  Which one do you like better?




1 comment:

  1. Your tags are soooooo cute you did a very nice job thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete