Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Few More Cards

My challenge continued this weekend to use 1) things in my stash and 2) try something new.
For these cards, I started with basic white card stock and used my Cat's Eye Ink to make the background paper using cling stamps.  This was my first time mounting multiple stamps onto the block as well as using multiple colors.  I'm pretty pleased with the way the cards turned out.  


The "Thoughts and Prayers" card was intended to be a sympathy card originally.  Our church mother passed away after a battle with a long illness.  She will be dearly missed.  I thought the card was "too cheerful" so I sent it to my grandmother's best friend who is 92 years old.  Although my grandmother has been with the Lord for 34 years, her friends have remained close to our family and were surrogate grandparents for us!


The birthday card was more so of the use what was in my stash.  When I first started scrapbooking a few years ago, I went brad crazy.  I have 3 boxes of various brads in my stash and wanted to start using them more.  I like the combination of colors and brads for this card.  The flowers were cut from Plantin school book in a swap I was in over a year ago.  The circle embellishment is also from my stash.


The "Get Well Soon" card came together by accident.  The embossed paper is from a swap last year.  The patterned paper (pp) was left over from another project.  The MS border punch was laying nearby and the sentiment is from Cuttebug that I cut out a while ago.  I recently got hooked on glimmer mist by Tattered Angels.  The sentiment was misted and then dried with my heat gun.
Combine all of the elements and presto - a card!


I hope both ladies enjoy their cards.



No comments:

Post a Comment