Friday, May 8, 2020

Masking Technique with Timeless Tulips

Hello there!  Thanks for coming to visit me in the Craft Lounge!  Today’s card feature is the Timeless Tulip stamp set once again.  I really do think I’m addicted to this gorgeous set!  I mean, it’s absolutely fabulous!  This time around, I’m responding to a challenge.  My upline said to our team, go do the masking technique and I’m never one to back down from a challenge.  LOL. Believe it or not, I have never done the masking technique EVER in my crafty life.  Where have I been?!?!

So, this card is a Clean and Simple (CAS) card.  I usually have more layers and embellishments of some sort.  However, when you team up the masking technique with the Timeless Tulip stamp set, you get simple elegance!

Let me back up, what is the masking technique?  I’m glad you asked.  It is where you stamp an image and then cover the image up and stamp around that image.  For my card below, I started with the large tulips in the Blackberry Bliss, and punched out a tulip shape using the Tulip Builder punch.  I put a spot of adhesive on the back of my punched image and covered up the tulip that I was stamping by.  I actually made two punched images as I created the card and then layered in tulips with the Crushed Curry and Calypso Corral ink pads.  Then I pulled out my Layered Ovals framelits to make an embellishment for the sentiment which is also from the Timeless Tulips stamp set.  That’s one thing about me, I usually use a host of stamp sets and embellishments but this time around, the Timeless Tulips set offered me everything I needed to make this card.  The dotted ribbon in Whisper White adds the right amount of architectural dimension to the card.  All in all, I’m pleased with my first attempt at the masking technique.  Please let me know your thoughts!


Now that you have the recipe for the card, here’s my ingredients list below:

Timeless Tulip Stamp Set - 153793 
Tulip Builder Punch
Blackberry Bliss Ink Pad

Calypso Coral Ink Pad 
Old Olive Ink Pad
Crushed Curry Ink Pad


4 comments:

  1. Hi Nedine - such a lovely card thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, I must add masking to my 'things to try list' although I don't really do alot of stamping outside of sentiments! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card, love the colors and that dotted ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Treva, thanks for stopping by the Lounge to chill with me! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Hey Barbara! Thanks for stopping by the Craft Lounge to hang out with me. It's good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete