Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly #17 Challenge: B.A.B.Y.

Cricut Circle:  B.A.B.Y. Weekly Challenge
Cartridges include:
Hanna Montana, Storybook, George and Basic Shapes. Gypsy Wanderings and Sweet Hearts

Up Close:  "My Heart" sentiment. Outlined using Cricut markers.
Paper is DCWV.
3-D frame is also cut in layers and outlined with Cricut markers.
You can also see one of the Prima layered flowers with gem brad center.

Up Close:  3-D frame created using Storybook.  Outlined using Cricut markers.
(You can also see the corner of a butterly.  He is embossed using the Swiss Dots folder by Cuttlebug.)
Up Close:  Aqua Butterfly. Embossed using Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.
Adhered using foam dots for all layers.  Carefully placed glue dots hold down the metallic pearls.


The Project:
Each week, there is a challenge issued over on the Cricut Circle blog.  I am always astounded by the wonderfully creative projects that are submitted.  This is my first time submitting and I'm nervous and excited! For this project, I wanted to create a whimsical layout featuring me and the friendly pirate I met during our trip to Myrtle Beach this summer.  He was quite the gentleman!  lol  I hope you enjoy my layout.  Information regarding the challenge and the ingredients are included below.  


Challenge Criteria:

At first glance, you may think this challenge is all about babies . . . but look again! We are usually the memory keepers in our households, but how often do you take the opportunity to step out from behind the camera and record something about yourself? This week we challenge you to create a scrapbook layout all about YOU. Your page must include the following:
  • (B) = Brads
  • (A) = Aqua
  • (B) = Butterfly
  • (Y) = You as the Subject

The Ingredients for my project:

Paper:
DCWV 
Darice
Wausau

Cricut cartridges:
Hanna Montana
Storybook
George and Basic Shapes
Gypsy Wanderings
Sweet Hearts

Outlines:
Cricut Markers - "my heart", "locked heart", kraft frame
Silver pen - "you stole"

Embellishments:
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder - butterfly wings
Prima Flowers
Gem Brads  - flower centers
Silver Metallic Pearls - butterfly path
Chipboard heart = K&Company


Adhesives:
Foam pop dots
Glue dots
Zig 2-way adhesive
ATG tape runner


3 comments:

  1. Wow, this is a great LO and so much detail! The 3-D frame and outlining with the markers. I need to use my markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice layout and I like how you gave all the ingredients you used tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great LO! You did a great job for your first time at joining in one of those challenges. WTG!

    ReplyDelete