Monday, November 11, 2013

Sunburst card

Ok, Ok, I admit....I'm a serious student of You Tube university!  Before there was Pinterest, there was You Tube.  Pinterst + You Tube + Face Book, oh my goodness....talk about creativity overload.  There are so many great inspirational pieces and talented crafters out there in cyberspace.  I'm blessed and honored to have meet a few crafty friends in person.  I stand in awe at their creativity and uniqueness.  I feel that I'm just a novice on this creative journey, but you know what?  I'm having fun.  My latest passion (addiction) is becoming card-making.  When I first started scrapbooking, that was it - I was a scrapbooker.  I didn't have time for cards.  Now that time is short, life is busier than ever and I'm stretch 200 ways until 8th Tuesday of forever, card-making has been a quick and necessary release.  When I craft, I'm transported to another world.  A world that is unlocked by a combination of You Tube and the creative genius shared by my cyber friends!  :-)

This card was inspired by a You Tube video shared by DO Stamping.  She provides a wonderful step-by-step tutorial on how to make this awesome card.  I'm telling you, try this card and you'll be hooked!  Only reason I didn't make more is because it's 1am and I am NOT off tomorrow for Veteran's day.

If I say so myself, these cards are super cute!   It's fun creating with someone or something in mind!
I teamed up some black and white strips of paper created by The Paper Studio.  These were purchased last year at Hobby Lobby.  I pulled some scraps out of my scrap box for the base of the Star Burst and the letters.  I opened up my new Expressions Thinlets from Stampin' Up and got to work!   The base of my card is just an 8.5 x 11" white piece of cardstock that I split in half at the 5.5" mark.  (You want to know a secret/  I pick up my card stock at my local office supply store for the base of white cards.  It is more economical.)
Next, I watched DO Stamping's You Tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU9b2aIy2-M) and walked through the instructions.  She makes it super easy.

Here's what I came up with - two cards that were relatively quick and simple!  Thanks for looking!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful sunburst card, love that hint of pink. I have that black and white paper, tfs sharing the video. I just made give it a try.

    ReplyDelete