Sunday, November 20, 2011

SOC: Embellished Candle Swap

A friend over on at SOC hosted an embellished candle swap.  I must admit, I'm a girl that loves her candles!  Here's a peek at the candles that I created for the swap. I ended up with two partners, which is great!  I hope they enjoy their candles!


The candles were purchased from Ikea.
I wrapped a wide printed Chrismas ribbon around the base of the candle.  The ribbon has a light-weight wire in it to allow it to keep its shape.  I used glue dots and pins to keep the ribbon in place.  I don't know why I thought hot glue would work - DUH!
Next, I used a silver ribbon with snowflake charms on top of the wired ribbon.  It doesn't show up so well in the picture but take my word for it!  :)
Then, I loaded some miniature glass ornaments on the silver pearl strand - this was probably the hardest part.  Also, the glass balls are not showing in the picture, but once again, trust me!
Last, I wrapped the silver pearls around the candle and tied it to itself.
A red ribbon is laced through the poinsetta strand to keep it snug to the base of the candle.  
There you have it, Festive Holiday candles!  




Happy holidays to you!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, these are beautiful. They look so familiar to me, :-).

    ReplyDelete